Thursday, 28 June 2007

First 6 units now completed.

Spent the last couple of days finishing off the Scots Greys and varnishing/basing all figures painted so far. Have to say the grey horses of the 2nd Royal North British Dragoons (to give the Greys their full title!) were challenging. I used a dark grey over the black undercoat then drybrushed lighter grey/white over, I'm not 100% happy with the results but they look ok. Pictures below show the 'Greys' before finishing the horses and basing, and completed. My main aim is a paint job that looks ok and is fairly quick because I have hundreds of these figures to paint to finish this project over the months ahead.

Next up is more British line infantry then a Scottish battalion. After that I'll do more French line troops. I'm placing another order with Essex Miniatures today for the first artillery plus more line troops.

I hope someone reading this finds some inspiration to join this great hobby of ours. Enjoy the photos and if you have any comments or suggestions please email me at: Lgramson@aol.com I'm always happy to chat about wargaming and painting methods etc.

Photos below show the 'Scots Greys' during painting, still working on those grey horses! and when completed, plus some of the units complete now except for flags which I'm also ordering from Essex (Revo flagsheets, 15mm). Apologies for the poor quality of the latter photos.

PLease click on the images below to view full size.



1 comment:

rpardo said...

A very nice painting job again!. I like the Scots Greys and their bearskins