Saturday, 16 May 2009

First figures have arrived!

The Perry Plastics have arrived and they are every bit as good as as thier fine metal figures. They represent great value for money, 40 figures for £15.00, every one in sensible poses that can be varied slightly and the detail is quite amazing. Having trimmed off the arms, heads, equipment etc from the sprues they go together very cleanly with no annoying gaps to be filled.

I plan to use exactly the same fast painting method as on the 15mm figures in the blog below, black undercoat and then the Foundry paint system. I find I can paint fairly quickly like this.

Having given unit size a thought I have decided upon:

British line: 20 figures, 2 per company, 10 companies including a light and grenadier co....all included as options in the Perry boxes.

French line: 24 figures in 6 companies of 4 including a voltiguer and grenadier co.

This is based on the organisation laid down in the old Terry Wise Airfix book 'Napoleonic Wargaming' a copy of which I have had for over 20 years I'm going back to basics with this project!

Pics to follow soon as I get started.

No comments: