Wednesday, 23 December 2009

First 8 figures completed!

Here they are, not too bad given the length of time since I last picked up a paintbrush, but its a bit like riding a bike I guess! The next 8 are undercoated and waiting for the first colours. I want to improve the faces slightly maybe. I have chosen not to line out all of the cross belts etc, the black ink wash over the white undercoat does at least give some depth and shadow. I'm starting to think about rules and basing now, I'm more a collector than a wargamer really so I like simple fast rule sets.... any suggestions? I still like the old WRG rules for the period and was looking through them last night.

I live in an area rich in Napoleonic military history, and will try to get some pics etc of whats around here as the blog progresses, Martello towers, forts, a Redoubt, the Royal Military Canal etc. I'm just a few miles from the Napoleonic musketry school grounds at Hythe, Kent and all along this stretch of coast you can see defensive walls of the period. In the village of Dymchurch where we live we have three surviving 'Martello' towers and one still retains original interior, musket racks etc and a cannon mounted on a swiveling carriage device up on the roof looking out across the expanse of flat sandy beach in the bay where Napoleon was expected to land his troops. Sir John Moore trained the Light Infantry down here too and there is a great life sized statue of 2 riflemen that I must photograph for the blog, they are incredibly accurate in detail.
I hope that this will make my blog more interesting to readers

Link to 'Martello Towers website' - You can take a virtual tour of a typical martello here!







































1 comment:

Stryker said...

They look great - looking forward to the next batch. I don't know much about recent rule sets (although there seem to be a lot of them about) but WRG sounds like a good idea!

Ian