Friday, 19 February 2010

Contemplating French colours!













Hi,
Quick update. Made a few changes to the blog as you can see and I have also been playing with initial colours on the French infantry. I have decided that I want it to keep it to 2 main shades max for the greatcoats, plus the blue of the habit-veste. The pics look brighter than in reality, the shading is more subtle but I'm trying to improve my photography skills! This is about the half way stage of painting so they will improve but on the whole I'm happy with the colours I have. Any comments/suggestions are most welcome, might as well get it right from the start. I have been studying the images on the 'Wargaming in 28mm' blog for an idea of shades, and I really like the subtle wash effect used on those figures.
Other pic shows the 4 metal British command figures that completed the 2nd British batttalion.
I'm also now re thinking basing method, the 'stone' is not working for me (although it was fine for 15mm figures), so I'm going to re do that in a browner shade. The grass is from Games Workshop basing system, expensive but good I think.
Just need flags now, used to use Revo but Warflag look good, again any recommendations welcome please.

3 comments:

Stryker said...

Looking good Lee. I really like the effect you have achieved with the washes. Excellent stuff!

Ian

Rafael Pardo said...

Wow.... a new site look! what is the template's name?
And I love the shadings on the greatcoats, of course!
Regards
Rafa

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Looks good - I like the effect - I'm doing something similar with my ACW Union troops using Windsor & Newton blue ink