Sunday, 27 June 2010

First Old Guard Grenadiers.

Thanks to those who commented on my last post, its great to be able to get such encouragement when enthusiasm for a project just begins to waver slightly. I have made two positive decisions regarding the future:

1. I keep going but any future figures will be Front Rank only, that's once I have finished the 2 x 16 figure Guard battalions I'm working on.

2. I'm going to experiment with 'Army painter' shade/varnish. If you look at the pic of the first 8 Guard figures below I think you can see the areas that could be dramatically improved with AP. I've been thinking about it for weeks now. Every before/after pic I have seen using AP shows more depth and shading that also emphasises the highlights too.

Here's those 8 figures. I reckon the greatcoats would be improved with AP? Also the cross belts would take a subtle touch of shading and AP does that too!

Added the excellent 'iron Mitten' blog to my list at right. Its well worth following and browsing the archives. The Napoleonic's are wonderful and he has a great basing style. Take a look at the 'Waterloo wheels' for example. Also uses AP method.




1 comment:

JAM said...

Good to be back on track.

John