The British Heavy Dragoons are finished and that makes a grand total of 301 painted figures. I'm really pleased to have hit this milestone so I decided to have them all out together for the first time to pose for a few pics. I have almost enough figures now for that first game but I just want to add a couple more units to balance things up, a British Light Dragoon unit and 2 more French artillery pieces/crews. I also need to add 8 more figures to those perry 95th rifles to make them up to a full 16 figure unit. I'm going to try using Front rank for this, but to select the kneeling/ crouching poses so they match the perry plastics, do you think this will work or will the FR's be too chunky? Any comments?
I'm pleased with the way the Heavy Dragoons turned out, the Light dragoons will also be Front rank and I'm just making up my mind which regiment to paint, I like the contrast of the facing colours on the Plastron front of the jackets.
I hope this isnt getting too boring for those who follow my blog, I assure you that hostilities WILL commence in the not too distant future, but I have to say I'm pleased that I have recorded every single unit as it has been completed and the collection has grown. I hope to have some terrain shots coming shortly, initially it will probably be quite 'Old School' but at least it will allow me to do a first write up under my chosen rules.
Back next week with the Light Dragoons :-)