It's Saturday morning and I have just completed the 8 hussar figures. Family have all gone shopping so in between sorting the dishwasher, hoovering and generally tidying up I have managed to get a solid couple of hours painting in! When I feel enthusiastic about painting figures I could sit for hours and lose myself in the hobby, but of course Life must come first so there are always other things that have to done. I do feel lucky that I currently only work part time . Might change in the future so I make the most of it while I can. I'm approaching one year of painting these 28mm Napoleonics and I reckon I will hit the 340 mark for that first 12 months. I have had to budget my purchases, which is why I have not yet got round to terrain, buildings etc but after Christmas I will be in a position to get started on it and get down to some wargames. I envisage my games will be 'Old School' style, simple fast rules and probably not the accurate re-fights I enjoy reading on other blogs. For me its more about pushing my collection around on the table and having a bit of fun.
Really enjoyed painting these and I'm happy with the overall look. The sabretache with its green laurel leaf and tiny no.6 was a challenge, not perfect but good enough for me. Looking at the pics here I can see a couple of bits I need to touch up later. One thing I wanted to avoid was the lace being a solid blob and a bit of careful drybrushing seems to have done the trick. I used Foundry 'Shiny' metallic and mixed in Foundry 'yellow' for this. The coats are Foundry 'Bright Red' highlighted with 'bright red - light'.
Right, Hussars horses up next and the unit will be finished and based by Friday as planned. I have put a small order into Games Workshop for more static grass and a few other supplies.