Friday, 28 January 2011

More re-basing shots!

Had a bit of a photo session with some of the troops. I think of this as a bit of a watershed as I have now reached the end of my planned 'phase 1'. Plan was to build 2 balanced forces to play with, then build terrain etc and then return to add fresh units. I now also have to work in some time to develop the ACW project in 15mm! So what I have is:

British.
8 battalions each of 16 figures.
2 Cavalry regiments of 8 figures each.
4 Foot artillery guns with 16 crew.
+ Command figures.

French.
8 battalions each of 16 figures.
3 Cavalry regiments of 8 figures each.
3 Foot artillery guns with 12 crew.
+ Command figures.

That's enough for a lively little game I think on a 6 x 4 table. I decided to keep the infantry units in 16's as to do otherwise would have left me with a lot of leftover figures and repainting.

I'm going to take a short rest from figure painting now while I build up some terrain features. I buildings, trees etc. I might fit in a couple of the ACW units though.

Heres the pics, sorry if its overkill but I wanted to show some of each type on the new bases. Infantry bases are 60mm x 20mm.









2 comments:

MSFoy said...

Lee - superb work - they look terrific. Bases spot on. Nice job, and thanks for the pics!

Tony

Steve's 6mm Wargames said...

Excellent work. I'm inspired to continue with my 20mm Naps now!
Great stuff.